How We Collect Information
Directly from You
We collect personal information from you when you interact with our Sites or use our Services. For example, we collect personal information from you when you complete a profile, register with us, register for an event, contact us with questions or comments, request information such as a newsletter, provide us with feedback, or voluntarily post in blogs, chat rooms, forums or messages boards available from the Sites. The type of information that we collect from you depends upon your interaction with our Sites and Services, but may include, your contact information such as your name, address, email address and phone number, username, password, language choice, time zone, employment title and company information, credit card information or other payment information, , and other personal information that you actively submit to us.
From Third Parties
We may collect personal information about you from our third party affiliates or partner companies and from marketing or advertising companies that provide us with such information as a part of their relationship with us. We may combine this with information that we already have collected about you.
Automatically Through our Site
We use various tracking technologies to collect and store information from you when you use our Services, such as your IP address, browser type, browser language, operating system, device type, referring site (site you visited before coming to our site), date and time of visit, URL and page metadata. We may also automatically collect and store certain information in activity logs such as: details of how you used our Sites and Services, your search queries, and your IP address. Please see our section entitled "Cookies and Other Tracking Devices" below for additional information.
How We Use Your Information
We use information we collect to conduct our business and improve our Sites and Services, develop new products and services, provide information and support, to better understand your needs and interests, personalize communications and advertising, and generally promote a quality experience for you. For example, we may use your information, including your personal information, to:
- Communicate, interact and build our relationship with you;
- Customize the content, products and services that are offered to you;
- Contact you with information about Ventipix Tag Manager and affiliated third-parties;
- Process, fulfill and follow up on transactions and requests for products, services, support, and information;
- Verify your authority to enter and use our Services;
- Engage in market research and analysis;
- Measure, analyze and improve our products and services, the effectiveness of our websites, and our advertising and marketing;
- Comply with legal requirements;
- Provide targeting advertising, including the use of re-targeting technology;
- Send you marketing materials, for example, via email, including our newsletter, and to notify you about products and services that we believe would be of interest to you; or
- Deter, detect, and prevent fraud and other prohibited or illegal activities.
- We may link information we collect from multiple sources to provide better service to you and to improve our products and services.
How We Share and Disclose Your Information
We do not sell your personal information with third parties for their own marketing purposes. We may share or disclose your personal information as follows:
- To affiliated and unaffiliated service providers for the sole purpose of enabling them to provide services to us in connection with providing our Services to you;
- Based on a good faith belief that such disclosure is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violation of our Policy, as evidence in litigation in which we are involved, or to otherwise protect the rights or safety of any person or entity;
- Based on a good-faith belief that disclosure is necessary to respond to judicial process, valid government inquiry, or is otherwise required by law;
- If we are acquired by or merged with another entity, if all or part of our assets are acquired, or in response to a bankruptcy proceeding, we may transfer your information to the acquiring entity;
- When posted by you or an authorized third-party, to our wikis, forums, blogs, message boards, chat rooms and other social networking environments or Sites;
- We also may share aggregate or non-personally identifiable data about users with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, analytics or similar purposes; and
- To other third parties for purposes you have allowed or consented to.
Access and Opt-Out
You may review and update your contact information by accessing and modifying the information in your account or by submitting a request to Ventipix Tag Manager at [email protected]
Please note that while Ventipix Tag Manager offers you some control over marketing communication, certain transactional, relationship, and legally required communications will not be affected by the choices you have made about marketing communications.
Cookies: A cookie is a piece of information, like a tag, that's stored on your computer, tablet or phone when you visit a website. It can help identify your device - like your PC or mobile phone - whenever you visit that website. They are used by most major websites including Ventipix Tag Manager. To make the best use of our website, on whichever device you use, you'll need to make sure your web browser is set to accept cookies.
You may encounter cookies or pixel tags on websites that we do not control. For example, if you view a web page created by a third party or use an application developed by a third party, there may be a cookie or pixel tag placed by the web page or application. Likewise, these third parties may place cookies or pixel tags that are not subject to our control and this Policy does not cover their use.
How Do I Disable Cookies? Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The Help portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies altogether. Visitors to our Site who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Web Beacons: We may use "web beacons" (electronic images also known as pixel tags or clear gifs) to recognize a cookie on your computer when you view or act upon a web page, an advertisement that we've placed on a third-party web page, or an email or other electronic communication that we've sent.
Local Storage Objects ("LSOs"): We also use Local Shared Objects (LSO), sometimes referred to as "Flash" cookies. Use of Local Shared Objects can help prevent fraud and can support our Sites. Flash LSOs are different from browser cookies because of the amount and type of data stored. Typically, you cannot control, delete, or disable the acceptance of Flash LSOs through your web browser. For more information on Flash LSOs, or to learn how to manage your settings for Flash LSOs, go to the Adobe Flash Player Help Page, choose "Global Storage Settings Panel" and follow the instructions. To see the Flash LSOs currently on your computer, choose "Website Storage Settings Panel" and follow the instructions to review and, if you choose, to delete any specific Flash LSO.
Analytics: Ventipix Tag Manager uses a variety of third-party services to help us understand the use of our Sites and Services, such as Google Analytics. These third-party service providers may collect information sent by your browser or mobile device, such as cookies or your IP address.
User Generated Content
We may collect personal information about you when you voluntarily post in blogs, chat rooms, forums or message boards available from the Sites. All of the information that you post will be available to all visitors to our Sites. Ventipix Tag Manager is not responsible for the personal information you choose to submit in these forums. We cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law or your personal privacy.
Links to Third Party Site(s) and Applications
The Sites provide links to third party websites or resources (e.g. applications) over which Ventipix Tag Manager does not have control. Such links do not constitute an endorsement by Ventipix Tag Manager and Ventipix Tag Manager does not control the content or privacy policies or practices of such sites. Any access to and use of such linked websites or any resources available on our Sites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those third parties' websites.
The security of your personal information, location information and clients' information is important to us. When you enter sensitive information, such as a credit card number on our order forms or use the Service, we encrypt the transmission of information using secure socket layer technology (SSL).
Ventipix Tag Manager employs procedural and technological measures that are reasonably designed to help protect personal information from loss, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. However, no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security on our site, please contact us at [email protected]
Ventipix Tag Manager recognizes the privacy interests of children and we encourage parents and guardians to take an active role in their children's online activities and interests. This Site is not intended for children under the age of 13. Ventipix Tag Manager does not target this Site to children under 13. Ventipix Tag Manager does not knowingly collect personal information from children under the age of 13.
Effective Date and Amendments
This statement is effective as of March 6, 2014. We reserve the right to change, modify, add or remove portions of this statement from time to time and in our sole discretion, but will alert you that changes have been made by indicating on the statement the date it was last updated. Your continued access to the Sites and Services will indicate your acceptance of our updated Policy. We recommend that users revisit this statement on occasion to learn of any changes.
Please contact us by writing to us at: [email protected]